Spicy Honey Roasted Almonds
Spicy Honey Roasted Almonds.
These Spicy Honey Roasted Almonds are not only a healthy snack but they are extremely easy to prepare. A hint of spice, a little sweetness and crunch make them perfect for cocktail hour, too.
Author: Lemons and Anchovies
Recipe type: Snack, Appetizer, Cocktails
- 2 - 2½ cups raw almonds
- ⅛ cup turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 160° C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. If using parchment, lightly oil it.
- Combine the sugar and salt in a bowl large enough to accommodate the almonds and set aside.
- Melt the honey in a large skillet over low to medium heat. Add the cayenne and the almonds and stir until all the nuts are coated with the honey and spice.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Let the almonds cool slightly and toss them in the sugar-salt mixture. Remove the parchment or wax lining from the baking sheet and spread out the almonds on it again to let them cool completely.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and they're ready!
Link to original Food & Wine recipe without my adjustments: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chile-honey-roasted-nuts