Honey Lemon Cake
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius. Grease tin and set aside.
In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat butter, sugar and honey. Add eggs.
In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Gradually fold into in to wet mixture.
Fill tins 3/4 full and bake 17 minutes.
Cool 15 minutes. Invert onto plates.
In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine butter, powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted.
- Powdered Sugar – If you don’t have any on hand, you can pulse granulated sugar in a food processor until fine.
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed or store bought in produce section.
- Beat in the sugar until it’s light and fluffy. The fat (butter) and sugar hold air bubbles to create a fine texture and leaven the cake.
- Bake time can vary from oven to oven, so use the toothpick test to determine the optimal baking time for your oven.
- Room Temperature – To prevent it from drying out, store (cooled) in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Refrigerate – Wrap with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Freeze – Wrap in plastic wrap and store in a freezer bag to prevent any freezer odor from seeping in. Bring to room temperature to enjoy.