Honey for Acne
How honey is able to get rid of/ lessen the appearence of acne and scars:
1. Cleans the surface of your skin - Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that aids in the removal of excess oil and dirt from the surface of the skin as well as clearing out any blockages or clogged pores, which if not treated can cause constant breakage of acne and pimples on the skin.
2. Exfoliates skin - Honey helps exfoliate your face & skin by gently removing the dead skin cells. This in turn also leaves your face with a brighter complexion.
3. Reduces the appearance of scars - The anti-oxidants present in honey help repair damaged skin. Honey minimizes any inflammation and helps heal the skin faster.
How to use honey for acne:
make sure that your honey of choice is labeled as “raw.” Honey that isn’t raw loses its antibacterial properties during the processing phase.
1. You can apply the honey as a spot treatment to individual blemishes with a clean cotton bud/cotton pad.
2. Apply the honey as a face mask - Allow your spot treatment or all-over mask to sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Just remember to perform a patch test on a small area of skin, such as the inside of your elbow, to make sure you don’t experience an allergic reaction or other irritation.
3. Combine the honey with other antoxidant-rich foods like cinammon, etc -
Honey and cinnamon is an effective mixture which doubles the effect which honey or cinnamon can’t perform if used alone. They both have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Together they become one powerful disinfectant. Hurry up and try out the honey and cinnamon mixture for immediate results on your acne.
- Take 3 tablespoon of honey and mix it with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Once this is mixed, massage it on your washed face gently and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, rinse it off completely with lukewarm water.
What type of acne can you use honey?
Honey is best for red, inflamed blemishes. Rather than cleaning out the pore to remove dirt and impurities, the honey draws out excess water. This means it isn't the best option for treating blackheads or open acne. Honey is also ideal for soothing red blemishes or deep-rooted acne spots that don't have a 'head' or opening on the surface of your skin.
Make sure that your honey of choice is labeled as “raw.” Honey that isn’t raw loses its antibacterial properties during the processing phase.
Beelal honey is 100% pure and raw honey, verified by certification from Eurofins labs in Germany. Head to our products page to learn more!