Honey Facts and Trivia
Did you know….
- Honey bees fly up to 24 km an hour.
- In ancient Egypt, citizens paid their taxes with honey.
- A honey bee visits 50 to 100 flowers during one nectar collection trip.
- Bees have been producing honey from flowering plants for 10 to 20 million years.
- Cleopatra is said to have used honey as part of her beauty regime.
- Honey bees beat their wings 200 times per second.
- All worker bees are female.
- The average worker bee produces a twelfth of a teaspoon of honey, during their life span of 5-6 weeks.
- Honey is a great substitute for sugar in cooking.
- Honey has been shown to have antiseptic properties and historically was used as a dressing for wounds and a first aid treatment for burns and cuts.
Be the first to comment.