THE HIGHEST QUALITY GRADE | PLATINUM AWARD WINNING HONEY
Banana Honey Bread
Banana Honey Bread
The best moist banana bread that is so delicious you won’t know it’s healthy! You are going to love this easy to make healthy banana bread recipe.
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 1 hr
TOTAL TIME: 1hr 10 mins
SERVINGS: 12 servings
CALORIES: 193 kcal
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil for a dairy free version)
- 1/2 cup Beelal honey
- 1 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 1/2 large or 5 medium bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour ((250 grams), or regular whole wheat or all-purpose flour)
Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Lay a sheet of parchment paper across the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
Melt the butter in a large glass bowl in the microwave (or melt butter in a pot on the stove and transfer to a large mixing bowl).
Add the honey and mashed banana to the bowl and whisk to combine. Whisk in the eggs.
Add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk until very well combined.
Add the flour and mix with a rubber spatula until just combined. You want all of the flour to be incorporated into the batter, but try not to over-mix.
Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Check on the banana bread after 35 minutes and loosely cover with foil as needed to prevent the top from over-browning.
Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer it to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make dairy-free banana bread, use coconut oil instead of butter in the recipe.
- Store banana bread at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Cool bread completely before freezing.
| Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.7mg